- 1. Why did you choose this book?
I chose this book because Ali had it on her language Arts shelf. Also I really like Graphic Novels, especially ones I have not read before.
- 2. Explain the plot of the book, or if it is a non-fiction book, what topics are covered.
Nimona is about girl of the that same name who wants to be the sidekick of the evil scientist/supervillian, Ballister Blackheart. After much persistence Nimona receives the job and only then does she reveal that she can shape shift. Once she has the job Nimona is super rowdy and is always breaking things and making her boss mad, also we find that Blackheart doesn’t really want to be a villain but was forced into his role by his nemesis, Sir Goldenloin. basically Sir Goldenloin wrongly accused him of cheating in a joust when they were training to be knights then shot black heart and blamed it all on him. Then Nimona tries to get Ballister Blackhearts to do a bunch of super evil stuff but he does not want to, Nimona then gets bored and does all those things by herself and gets in trouble. After trying to expose Goldenloin at a science fair they fight him then expose him when Nimona releases the full extent of her power.
- 3. Describe one of the characters in the book. Would you want to meet this character? Why or why not?
I would want to meet Baluster Blackheart because he seems like an interesting person to talk to and I could try to help him through some of his issues. Also because he seems like he has a ton of cool stuff in his giant laboratory
- 4. What is your opinion of the book? Would you recommend it? Why or why not?
I don’t think I would rave about this book it is okay. However it is a good Graphic Novel and I would recommend it to people who enjoy GN’S.
- 5. Explain how this book is similar to another book, film, story, or article that you have read or seen. What connections or comparisons can you make?
I found this book very original. I can’t really think of anything similar, it does have a science fiction and medieval theme so those kind of Graphic Novels could relate.
- 6. What do you think the main idea or theme of this story is? What is the author trying to tell you about life or our world with this book?
I think that the book is saying to be kind to others, no matter what and they will return the favor, if you are not kind to them they will be mean and take it out on you and other people.